Jonathan L Ives, PA-C
1201 Fairmount Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76104
During his service, he graduated from Ranger School, Sniper School, Airborne School, Northern Mountain Warfare School, several leadership schools, and received numerous awards. Jonathan served two years overseas in Iraq (2005) and Afghanistan (2009) and worked at the Texas Counterdrug Headquarters.
Jonathan earned a Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of Texas at Austin - where he won multiple honors - with a concentration in pathogenesis and immunity. He relocated to Fort Worth in 2012 to attend physician assistant school at UNT Health Science Center (UNTHSC).
Jonathan holds a Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) in Hospital Medicine. He was inducted into Pi Alpha, the National Physician Assistant Honor Society (2017), and received the Outstanding Preceptor Award from UNTHSC (2017 and 2020). Jonathan is an active adjunct faculty member at the health science center and regularly lectures on a variety of topics. He received the 2022 President's Alumni Award for Distinguished Service from UNTHSC.
He graduated from the University of Texas at Austin's McCombs School of Business with an MBA (May 2022). He has exhibited leadership within his hospital and community as an exemplary PA, serving on numerous leadership committees and initiatives. In his free-time, he enjoys rock climbing, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and spending time with his family.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, 2010
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies: University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, Texas, 2015
- Master of Business Administration: University of Texas at Austin McCombs School of Business, 2022
- CERTIFIED PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, 2015
- Baylor All Saints Hospital
- Cook Children's Medical Center
- Harris Methodist Fort Worth
- Kindred Hospital Fort Worth
Professional Memberships, Awards
Jonathan is a member of the following professional organizations:
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Texas Academy of Physician Assistants
- AAPA's Veteran's Caucus
- President's Alumni Award for Distinguished Service from UNTHSC, 2022
- Tutor of the Month, University of North Texas Health Science Center, 2014
- Newcomer of the Year Award, Austin Habitat for Humanity, 2011
- University Honors, UT Austin, Fall 2006, Spring 2007, Fall 2009
- Distinguished Honor Graduate of Warrior Leaders Course, 4-week course on fundamentals of leadership, 2007
- Army Commendation Medal, multiple awards for service, 2005, 2010, 2011
- Army Achievement Medal, multiple awards for service, 2009
- Combat Infantryman's Badge, award for being engaged with the enemy in active ground fire, 2008
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, award for service in Iraq theater of war, 2005
- Overseas Service Ribbon, awarded for service overseas, 2005, 2009
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, award for serving in the military during time of conflict, 2009
- Eagle Scout, highest rank available requiring demonstration of skills in leadership, service, and outdoor skills, 2000