David H Plump MD, FCCP
911C Medical Centre Drive
Arlington, TX 76012
Dr. Plump joined the Texas Pulmonary & Critical Care Consultants family in 1983.
He was raised in Cincinnati, Ohio and attended Brown University, graduating magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa in 1972. He attended University of Cincinnati Medical School, graduating Alpha Omega Alpha in 1976, did his Internal Medicine residency at The Ohio State University Hospital and his Pulmonary and Critical Care fellowship at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland.
He has served many leadership roles including:
- Medical Director, Texas Pulmonary Sleep Center, 2007-present
- Chairman, Critical Care Committee at Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital from 1996-2014
- Board of Trustees, Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, 2014-present
- Chairman, Quality Management Committee, Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, 2014-2016
- Vice Chief of Staff, Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, 2014-2016
- Chief of Staff, Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, June 2016 to present
- Premedical: Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, B.A., June 1972
- Medical: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, M.D., June 1976
- Internship: Ohio State University Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, Internal Medicine, 1976-1977
- Junior Assistant Residency, Ohio State University Hospital, Internal Medicine, 1977-1978.
- Senior Assistant Residency, Ohio State University Hospital, Internal Medicine, 1978-1979.
- Staff Internist, Group Health Associate, Cincinnati, Ohio, 1979-1980.
- Fellowship: Respiratory Diseases, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, August 1980- June 1983.
- American Board of Internal Medicine, 1979
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Diseases, 1982
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, 1987
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Sleep Medicine, 2009
- Arlington Memorial Hospital
- HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital at Arlington
- Kindred Arlington Rehabilitation Hospital
- Kindred Hospital of Arlington
- Kindred Hospital of Mansfield
- Medical Center of Arlington
- Texas Health Heart and Vascular Hospital
Professional Memberships, Awards
Dr. Plump is a member of the following professional organizations:
- Texas Medical Association
- Tarrant County Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- American College of Chest Physicians, Fellow
- American Thoracic Society
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine